The school provides education for students from L.K.G to XII standard and the emphasis is upon three levels namely.
Primary department: L.K.G to STD V.
Matriculation section: STD VI to STD X.
Higher secondary: STD XI & XII.
There are 2764 students in Primary Section.
There are 1797 students in Matriculation section.
The sections are as follows:
- STD VI
- STD VII & VIII
- STD IX & X
- STD XI & XII
There are 519 students in Higher secondary.
At present, the faculty’s strength: 181.
- Primary Section & Matriculation: 71
- Higher Secondary: 69
Non-Teaching Staff: 41
The XII Standard course consists of three parts:
- Part I: Tamil or Hindi
- Part II: English
- Part III: Respective Groups
The groups are as follows
- Group I: Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- Group II: Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Computer Science
- Group III: Accountancy, Commerce, Economics & Business Maths
Sufficient equipments as prescribed by the Educational board have been provided for the classes upto XII.
Students can approach the school library at any time. Only one book for light reading may be taken at a time. A book once taken must not be detained beyond ten days. All books must be returned before the beginning of each Monthly and Terminal Examinations. Any damage to books or magazines should result through proper mending of the concerned ones. The library book-holder must not lend his/her book to another student.
Dedication of parents, staff and students are the honoring commitments made to St. Joseph to exhibit good conduct, moral rectitude towards value education! Facilitating the growth of spiritual, moral and academic aspects of students’ personality is part and parcel of the school. St. Joseph’s stands by assimilation of values, community building and faith formation in children.
Buses & Routes
Five buses of our school lend conveyance facilities to the students, from various distances!
First Trip: The buses start from the school at 7.40 A.M and return at 8.15 A.M. (Route No: 4 bus starts at 7.00 A.M).
Second Trip: The buses starts at 8.15 A.M and return at 8.40 A.M.
The routes are as follows:
- Route No: 1 – Melrosapuram, Keelakaranai, Keelakaranai Housing Board.
- Route No: 2 – Potheri, Thailavaram, MM Nagar NH-3, Rail Nagar.
- Route No: 3 – S.P Koil, Thirutheri.
- Route No: 4 – S.P Koil (inside) Karunelam.
- Route No: 5 – S.P Koil (Outside) Melpakkam.
Toppers of the School
- D. Chelsea – 488 – 2011-2012
- S. Priya – 493 – 2012-2013
- S. Sri Vidhya – 494 – 2013-2014
- M. Jagatha – 1144 – 2011-2012
- M. Muralidharan – 1179 – 2012-2013
- S. Akshaya – 1185 – 2013-2014 (District Second)
Proper uniform, smart haircut for boys and decent hairstyle for girls are indeed the prestigious part of the school.
L.K.G & U.K.G:
- FROCK- Monday to Friday.
- No white Uniform.
I to V STD:
On Wednesday’s only:
- Blue skirt & White shirt.
- Black shoes & Black socks.
- Black ribbons for Girls.
- Blue shorts and White shirt.
- Black shoes & Black socks for Boys.
VI to XII STD:
On Wednesday’s only:
- Blue pant, White churidhar & Blue duphatta,
- Boys: Blue pant, White shirt, Black shoes and Black socks for Boys.
- Girls: Black shoes and Black socks & Black ribbons for Girls.